Business Card Design
Your card is something that needs to be unique to both you and your business. Take a look at our top five tips to ensure you’re getting the most from your business card design.
Business cards are the best way to spread word and provide detailed contact information. If you’d like to make a creative business card there are a few key points to keep in mind when starting the design process. Below are the top tips to getting the most out of your card.
- Target Demographic – Think about your target demographic. What design, color and copy will your ideal customer be most receptive to? For example, our company business cards at 1800 Postcards are triple mounted, spot UV and custom custom cut to 1.5″ x 3″. This shows our customers that we’re capable of intricate custom printing with mounting capabilities which many customers are looking for. It’s a great conversation starter too!
- Simple Layout – This is an important aspect to any card. Having a simple layout will help keep your card focused to your business. By keeping it focused on your business you have the highest probability of keeping recognizance in the recipient’s mind.
- Create Different Versions – Business card designs can vary for what they’re being used for. You can use one custom design at a trade show, and another as your everyday card. This will help the recipient remember where they met you too.
- Incentivize – Make it a coupon. This is a great way to ensure your recipient holds on to your card. By doing this they will have an incentive to hold on to it and will also be motivated to use your services at a discounted rate.
- Functional – Make your card functional. For example, a shoe store could include a sizing conversion chart on their card, a tax preparation service could include important dates and a travel agency could include a currency converter.
Need a little help on your business card design? We have a team of designers that are fully trained in incorporating the latest printing techniques to ensure your card stands out. Speak today with a designer and take 30% off. Simply enter 30BLOG218 at checkout.
Image source: Bookstore Foundation/Bhance.net